Theater Thoughts NY

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Catching up. A LOT.

So I don't get to the city that often, and Lydia's busy traveling to California for movie shoots and studying for random tests, so apparently this poor little blog has fallen by the wayside. I know Lydia's definitely seen a bunch of shows, and I saw a few too. I'll touch on a couple I saw since the last post when I was up in NY for St. Patrick's Day, and then do posts for shows I saw this past weekend.

Prometheus Bound

This was a solid production put on at the Classic Stage Company. I wasn't really in the mood for ancient Greek drama, but it was pretty gripping and powerful nonetheless.

Some Men

This had its ups and downs. I guess I expected a bit more from Terrence McNally. It was a pretty interesting insight into gay life through the years, and I did find it very intriguing. There were some sections that were random which I thought could have been nixed. The cast was pretty solid and the production was interesting. Some of the characters definitely left an impression I think, and there were some memorable scenes. I walked out of it with an overall positive impression, but no terribly strong feelings either way.

Enemies, A Love Story

I saw this in Philadelphia last month. The audience was awful, and the play was nothing much to talk about. It had to do with love affairs and Jewish immigrants in Brooklyn. It's gone now.

Caroline, or Change

I saw this in Philadephia a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty darn good show, with some funny aspects while dealing with some heavy issues of race and class in New Orleans. I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home