Theater Thoughts NY

Friday, February 02, 2007

The Scene

So we saw 'The Scene' at Second Stage about a month ago, and I guess it was my responsibility to blog on it and I never did. So I'm going to now. Or at least try, since it was a while ago.

'The Scene' was really quite good. It was very funny, but also rather emotionally charged as well. I thought Anthony Shalhoub (or as Anotonio the cab driver from "Wings," as I like to remember him) was incredible, and Patricia Heaton was great for the most part. Anna Camp played a very blonde girl from Ohio, and while you kind of wanted to kick her every time she opened her mouth, I think that's what they were going for.

It was definitely one of the better shows I've seen recently, and Second Stage continues to whip out solid productions. The set is very New York, and it's basically worth seeing. The ending was a bit disappointing, but it definitely did not ruin the play. The reviews for this one have been pretty stellar, so the critics agree that it's pretty darn good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home