Theater Thoughts NY

Friday, May 19, 2006

Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris

So we've been really behind on our posts. We saw Jacques Brel like two weeks ago, but I'm just now getting to posting about it.

So Jacques Brel. So I've never been a fan of those shows that are just like concert shows, where it's just music, without a whole lot of plot, and just four people singing songs. This was pretty much one of those shows. However, for some reason, I found myself liking it a lot more than I thought it would.

So let me summarize, the show is basically four people singing Jacques Brel songs, with some kind of acting out with each song but no real plot, or at least one we couldn't really figure out. Maybe bits and pieces, but not really altogether.

The cast was not too bad. They were a pretty strong quartet, but nothing terribly impressive, but I guess together they were quite good.

The music I liked a lot. Like, I thought it was great, and it explains why I was so gripped throughout the show. Like I wasn't even bored. It's crazy! I particularly liked the song "Amstersdam" and "My Death."

So bottom line I guess, I thought the show had great music and was oddly compelling, but other than that I can't really say why. Ha. This posting sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home