Theater Thoughts NY

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Spring Awakening...again

I'm going to keep this pretty short - but I was so very lucky to have seen the invited dress rehearsal of Spring Awakening on Broadway last week. I wrote a full post on the show when I saw it Off-Broadway at the Atlantic last season, so check that out if you're interested. Let me just say that this show has done nothing but get better..

The set is pretty similar, just bigger and a bit more elaborate. There have been a few songs that were cut and as a whole the show feels a little tighter. The cast is intact except for the two adults - a big improvement if you ask me....the kids remain to be absolutely amazing.

One note, I originally saw the show sitting on stage at the Atlantic (which continues on Broadway for $35). It's a ridiculously cool way to see the show - but if you see it twice, try it not sitting on stage. I was front row mezzanine and it was like seeing a new show....definitely a new perspective.

This is the one show right now that I'm telling everyone to go see - it's truly an amazing theatre experience. I can't wait for the cast recording..these songs have been in my head non-stop since last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home